We are a 2014 Martha Stewart American Made Award Nominee!
The American Made event occurs annually in New York City and serves to bring together entrepreneurs, and small businesses across the country that are focused on crafts, style, design and food, etc. Each year Martha Stewart Living recognizes several small businesses in these categories that are dedicated to entrepreneurship and their communities. These selected businesses earn the title of American Made Winner along with some great publicity and promotion materials.
In determining the winners, the following criteria will be taken into account:
Innovativeness, demonstrated creativity, and originality of idea
- Originality and level of creativity
- Clearly identifiable customer need
- Customer value and usability
- Quality of materials used
- Attention and care paid to product details and/or customer satisfaction
- Level of craftsmanship involved in production
- Unique design aesthetic
- Visual appeal of product packaging
- Compelling logo and/or typography
Embodiment of American Made theme
- Use of local components and processes
- Engagement of local community
A panel of judges and Martha Stewart herself handpick most of the winners, but the audience does have a say in choosing one lucky winner.
You can check out our profile here and, if we make it to the semi-finals, vote for Herban Lifestyle starting September 15th!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much, Tammy! We were honored to be nominated by one of our fans. Now, fingers crossed!